This resource is made so you can easily compare all the current TF2 keys sellers in one place, you can bookmark this page so every time you want to buy some keys you can head over to this list and visit all the shops, stores and forums to find the best price right now. I will try and keep this list up to date so you always can find the best prices here, also if you want to recommend any shop you can do so by leaving a comment at the bottom and I might include it.
Keep in mind that some of the links on the this page can be affiliate or referral links. What this means is that if you click the link and buy something there I will earn a small commission, it doesn’t affect you, and I will never link to a shop or site that I don’t use myself.
Buying TF2 keys using real money
I’ll start off the list with links to places you can buy Team Fortress 2 keys using real money (later on in the guide I list sources where you trade metal for keys)
TF2 key Shops
Here’s a list of different shops where you can buy TF2 keys for real money, usually with Paypal, Bitcoin or similar payment options. On most of the sites below you’ll be trading with other people with these shops acting like middleman when buying your keys, you place your order then a bot will deliver your keys after you made your purchase so the trades are done within minutes. These shops provide faster & safer trades then if you would trade directly with other traders, but these shops are generally more expensive because the stores takes a sales fee (only for the seller though)
Skinbaron is a market for a handful of Steam game items, TF2 being one of them. The TF2 section on the site is still quite new but you can easily find great deals for TF2 keys on Skinbaron.
Always worth to check out. The shop is located in Europe so euro is the default currency but you can easily set it to US dollar if you want to (in the top left corner on the site.
Skinbaron accepts Paypal, Paysafe and Bitcoin as payment options (and also a few additional options for Germans)
Bitskins is yet another item marketplace that have branched out to support buy & selling with items on a bunch of Steam games, including TF2. It’s one of the larger stores dealing with skins and keys.
They also have a low fee for sellers on the site (5%) which help bring down the cost of most items, making it a great place to find some good deals. Bitskins also have great feature called buy orders, which let you place orders on keys or any other items at the price range you feel like paying, and when a seller appears at the right price the item is automatically bought for you,
Bitskins supports Bitcoins, PayPal and G2a Pay (to name a few)
They accept PayPal, Bitcoin, and credit cards as payment
They accept pretty much all major payment option (including Bitcoin & Paypal)
On Dispenser.tf you can find other traders listing their keys up for sale, what’s different with this place is that you pay using bitcoin here. This is usually one of the cheaper places to buy TF2 keys. Though the site isn’t always that active, so the supply of keys can be low from time to time.
But if you’re willing to wait for your keys there’s defiantly potential for cheap keys over at Dispenser.tf
Buy CSGO keys then exchange them for TF2 keys
- First step is to buy some cheap CSGO case keys, you can find resellers over here in my other guide, Where to Buy cheap CSGO case keys – The Shops with the best prices
- At time of writing this guide I can get 10 TF2 keys for 9 CSGO ones (this changes all the time though). There’s bots devoted to exchanging keys, you can try finding bots and traders over at the Backpack.tf forum
- Done! What the price tag for each key will be depends on how cheap you can get your CSGO keys and at what ratio the bot exchange keys. I’d suggest you calculate the final price tag to see if it’s worth doing.
I would also avoid buying the keys that are named “CSGO Case Key”, just because not all bots/traders accepts them. Also don’t buy Capsule Keys, they are worth much less.
Forums – Buying directly from people
If your looking for the cheapest possible places to buy TF2 keys then heading to trading forums would be your best bet. In the forums listed below you can trade with other people using real money, the prices are usually the lowest around but the downside is that the risk of getting scammed is much higher then on any other category on the list. On the Backpack.tf forum there´s a quick intro guide to Paypal trading in TF2, worth checking out if you’re new to doing these kinds of trades. You can find the guide here. Just remember to be safe and only trade with trusted traders.
- SourceOp forums in the past one of the biggest forums dealing with TF2 item cash trading, sadly nowadays the forums isn’t that active.
- Backpack.tf has a section devoted to buy & selling TF2 items (including keys). Always really low prices and plenty of sellers (and buyers)
- The TF2trade subreddit you occasionally find traders selling keys, but you won’t find as many sellers as on you would on Backpack.tf forums.
Buy TF2 keys using metal
If you looking to buy some keys using metal, the places below will help you find the lowest possible price. A mixture of trading bots and places where people have listed their keys for sale.
- Trade.tf has a marketplace where people can list their items and then the transaction will be done with the help of trade.tf’s bots. The site sorts all the listings so you can see the cheapest price first, and also thanks to the bots on the site the transaction gets accepted within minutes after you send trade offer. These two features makes this my favourite place to buy keys for metal.
- Scrap.tf is a bot banking site where you can buy & sell your keys (among many items) for metal. This site also uses trading bots so it’s very fast to get your keys. The only downside is that the bot doesn’t always have keys in stock.
- At Backpack.tf’s classifieds listings for keys you can find listings made by people wanting to buy & sell their keys.
- Bazaar.tf is another trading site where you can find plenty of listings for keys.
- Steam Community Market is the most obvious & maybe most expensive place to buy your keys from. It’s only worth checking out SCM for keys if there’s a big Steam sale going on, then the price tend to drop. But even then the price won’t be as low as the other places on this list.
- TF2Outpost is another trading site where people put up their listings for items. You can find plenty of people that wants to trade keys for metal (and the other way around) and also people selling their keys for cash. The problem is that there´s so many listings for keys, and there´s no good way of sorting the search so you get the best deals first, this is making the site quite frustrating to navigate. It´s still a great trading site but the other sites like Trade.tf or Scrap.tf is better and more convenient choices if your looking for a metal to key trade.
Here’s a tiny bonus guide that might help you earn a few extra dollars. By now you probably checked out a bunch of different shops, forums and other places that are dealing with TF2 keys, you know where the cheapest keys are right now and you know where it’s expensive to buy. You could use all this information in order to resell some keys and make some profit. Find the cheapest place and then compare it to the most expensive place and calculate if you could make a profit by reselling keys from the different sites.
Keep in mind that you can’t sell your own items in all the shops, and that all shops takes a fee when selling. I made a list below with all the places that you can sell your items.
Places you can sell your TF2 keys
- Opskins (10% Sell fee or 5% with premium)
- G2A (€0.05 + 6% fee for each item sold)
- Dispenser.tf (1% sales fee, site is using bitcoin for buying & selling)
- Forums that deals with money trading, see list above in the guide. (You also need a good reputation & past sales if you want people to trade with you)
Here’s a example, I just did a quick sweep and checked out all the stores on the list (not including forums) and I found that TF2 keys where being sold for $1.75 over at Opskins then I found that the cheapest key being sold over at G2A was for $2.21.
Then I could buy my keys from Opskins then list the keys below the cheapest current price over at G2A.
$2.2 – 6% – 0.06 = $2 (that’s what I make after fees over at G2A when selling over there). So I bought the item for $1.75 and sold for $2 making me a profit of $0.25$/key
This could work with any TF2 item of course. But works best with items that have a high demand, like Tour of Duty Tickets, Name Tags, Description Tags to name a few.